West Indies vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 Match
The opening match of this 3-match T20I series marks an experienced West Indies team look to make their point in Antigua against their Sri Lankan opponents. The match will take place at the Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua, on March 3, and the live-action starts at 6 pm local time.
West Indies are looking to return to winning ways after losing their last T20 series, and they have recalled veterans Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, and Fidel Edwards in their bid to do just that. An experienced team, led by Kieron Pollard, last won against Sri Lanka in early 2020.
Since that series, Sri Lanka has not played T20 cricket, which also followed India’s series defeat. With the T20 World Cup on the corner, it is not a good preparation and has been further hampered by losing their captain Dasun Shanaka due to visa problems.
WI vs SL Live Streaming
TV channels: BT Sports, Sky Channel 413 in UK, Spark Sport in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Fan Code app.
WI vs SL Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch the match here: WI vs SL 1st T20I Live Score.
A new ground, the wicket could prove true and fast as is the norm in this part of the world.
Chasing could be a good shout on a wicket expected to hold firm.
Antigua will be warm and humid, but the chances of rain on this day are very low.
West Indies Team News & Playing 11
WI Team News
New Zealand would like to win this series in the 3rd T20I, and we expect them to field the same 11. If they win this, the next match, we could see them making some changes.
WI Key Players
- Chris Gayle: Eyeing the T20 World Cup, and his recent T20 form at the IPL and PSL has been terrific.
- Dwayne Bravo: Another experienced campaigner looking for a winning send-off, the 37-year-old now boasts a record 512 wickets in T20 cricket worldwide.
- Nicholas Pooran: The vice-captain will be behind the stumps and has been in good form at this ground for Trinidad in the recently concluded Super50.
WI Team Form
West Indies last won a T20I series against Sri Lanka, but since that 2-0 victory, they have lost 2-0 to New Zealand, with a 3rd match rained off. They conceded 238/3 in a big defeat of 72 runs in their recently completed match.
West Indies Predicted Playing 11
Andre Fletcher, Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Dwayne Bravo, Fidel Edwards, Oshane Thomas, Akeal Hosein.
Sri Lanka Team News & Playing 11
SL Team News
Dasun Shanaka is not with the team due to visa issues, and he is replaced as captain by Angelo Mathews until he arrives. Lahiru Kumara will miss the white-ball series on medical grounds.
SL Key Players
- Wanidu Hasaranga: The best bowler in the Lanka Premier League will look to continue that form in this series also, he can also bat, which would become handy for Sri Lanka.
- Dimuth Karunaratne: Could be set for a T20 debut, having proved his worth based on some of his ODI and test performances.
- Thisara Perera: The big-hitting lower-order batsman and handy paceman can contribute with either bat or ball. He was in excellent batting form in the Lanka Premier League in December.
SL Team Form
These are Sri Lanka’s 1st T20 international matches since a 2-0 defeat to West Indies early last year. That was with a much different team, however. They have lost their last 4 T20I now, and the match before that was washed off.
Sri Lanka Predicted Playing 11
Danushka Gunathilaka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Angelo Mathews (c), Oshada Fernando, Wanidu Hasaranga, Thisara Perera, Dushmantha Chameera, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep, Lakshan Sandakan.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Team Form in Last Five Matches
WI: NR L L W W
SL: L L L L NR
WI vs SL Head to Head
West Indies won 2-0 against Sri Lanka almost 12 months ago, but they still trail with 5 wins to 6 in the overall T20I head-to-head record in this fixture. Both teams had very different squads for their most recent series Andre Russell, Brandon King, and Shimron Hetmyer all contributing with the bat as West Indies needed just 17 overs to hit 158/3 and win by 7 wickets when they last met.
WI vs SL Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||WI Won||SL Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Today West Indies vs Sri Lanka?
West Indies are favorites to win this match against Sri Lanka.
- West Indies have in-form Chris Gayle back in their ranks in a squad packed with experience. Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, and Fidel Edwards are also included.
- Sri Lanka, meanwhile, has a large touring squad that was supposed to be led by Dasun Shanaka, but visa issues mean Angelo Mathews will lead the team instead in the T20Is.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Top Team Batsmen
Chris Gayle is favorite to be West Indies top team batsman after his recent form at the IPL and Pakistan Super League. For Sri Lanka, Dinesh Chandimal and Danushka Gunathilaka could become top-team batsmen.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Top Team Bowlers
Dwayne Bravo is favorite to be West Indies top team bowler, but the return of Fidel Edwards means he is also available to back Bravo. For Sri Lanka, Wanidu Hasaranga is among the consistent performers and would be the favorites for top team bowlers.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Match Prediction
West Indies have home advantage and a stronger and far more experienced squad so, they are favorites to win.
WI vs SL Dream11 Team Prediction
Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilaka
Kieron Pollard, Thisara Perera, Wanidu Hasaranga
Nuwan Pradeep, Fidel Edwards, Akeal Hosein
Captain – Vice Captain
Chris Gayle (C), Nicholas Pooran (VC)