Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans, PSL 2021
Desperate for a win, Quetta Gladiators takes on Multan Sultans, who are doing only somewhat better in the Pakistan Super League. The two bottom teams in the PSL 2021 table after 4 games meet on March 3 at Karachi National Stadium, and the live-action starts at 7 pm local time.
Quetta Gladiators, who also missed the playoffs last season, has lost all 4 games so far. They scored 156/7 against Islamabad United and fell to a 6-wicket defeat in just 17 overs. The only positive is that Sarfaraz Ahmed has now scored 135 runs in his last two innings.
Multan Sultans, meanwhile, have only 1 win to their name and couldn’t support it despite hitting 195/6 against Karachi kings last time. Mohammad Rizwan and James Vince are generally in good batting form, but the Sultans are just two points above Quetta after 4 games.
QG vs MS Live streaming
TV channels: DSport, Geo Super, PTV Sports, Hum TV, Willow TV, TA, Eleven Sports, Flow Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on Cricketgateway.
Live Scores: QG vs MS Match 14, PSL 2021
The Karachi wicket is great for batting and holds its pace and form throughout.
Quetta Gladiators have lost all 4 tosses and been put in to bat first each time. They are due to win this toss and will field first if they do.
The forecast is the same hot, dry and sunny Karachi weather.
Quetta Gladiators Team News & Playing 11
QG Team News
Usman Shinwari made way for Naseem Shah last time, but Quetta Gladiators still struggled to find consistent bowling performances. Naseem Shah could again make way for Shinwari as they look for someone to step up and make the difference.
QG Key Players
- Faf du Plessis: A more modest contribution last time out, but the South African will be key in place of Chris Gayle as he looks to find a similar form to his IPL best.
- Mohammad Hasnain: Back in the wickets last time out, his figures of 1-34 did include more wides, however, he needs more consistency.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed: The major positive for Quetta at the moment, following scores of 40, 81 (from 40 balls), and 54 in his last three innings.
QG Team Form
Quetta Gladiators have batted the first 4 times and lost 4 times. They scored just 121 against Karachi Kings, hit 178/6 against Lahore Qalandars, failed to defend 198/7 against Peshawar Zalmi after letting it slip with the ball late, and then, last time, could not defend 156/7 against Islamabad United. Sarfaraz Ahmed has scored back-to-back half-centuries, but the major concern is their bowling.
Quetta Gladiators Predicted Playing 11
Saim Ayub, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Azam Khan, Muhammad Nawaz, Ben Cutting, Dale Steyn, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Zahid Mahmood.
Multan Sultans Team News & Playing 11
MS Team News
Multan Sultans have kept faith with their top three, and all three made contributions last time, Chris Lynn, for the first time in PSL 2021. An unchanged team once again would not be a big surprise.
MS Key Players
- James Vince: Top-scored for the second time in four games when he hit five fours and a six on his way to 45 from 29 balls last time out.
- Mohammad Rizwan: His fine form shows no sign of slowing with 231 runs so far in four innings in this tournament.
- Shahnawaz Dhani: The pick of the bowlers with 2-28 last time to move to six wickets in his three matches so far.
MS Team Form
Multan Sultans had lost five PSL matches in a row after opening this season’s tournament with back-to-back defeats before Mohammad Rizwan hit 76 in a successful chase of 158 to beat Lahore Qalandars by seven wickets in 16.2 overs. They failed to follow it up, however, despite hitting 195/6 against Karachi Kings. The Kings needed 18.5 overs to secure a seven-wicket win.
Multan Sultans Predicted Playing 11
James Vince, Mohammad Rizwan (c, wk), Chris Lynn, Rilee Rossouw, Sohaib Maqsood, Khushdil Shah, Shahid Afridi, Carlos Brathwaite, Sohail Khan, Mohammad Umar, Usman Qadir.
Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans Team Form in Last Five Matches
- QG: L L L L W
- MS: L W L L L
QG vs MS Head to Head
Only one of last season’s two scheduled matches as possible and Multan Sultans won it by 30 runs. Rilee Rossouw smashed an unbeaten century from 44 balls in a total of 199/5, and Bilawal Bhatti’s 3 wickets in reply helped limit the Gladiators to 169/7. Overall, Quetta has won 3 of their 5 matches to Multan’s 2.
QG vs MS Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||QG Won||MS Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans Match?
With Quetta Gladiators still winless and struggling with the ball, Multan Sultans are the favorite to win this game.
- Quetta Gladiators and Multan Sultans, the two lowest-ranked teams in the Pakistan Super League, meet each other in Karachi.
- Quetta Gladiators have lost all four matches so far, most recently hitting 156/7 in their delayed game against Islamabad United on their way to a six-wicket loss with three overs to spare.
- Multan Sultans have won just one of their four matches so far, despite boasting an in-form Mohammad Rizwan. They failed to defend 195/6 against Karachi Kings in their most recent game.
Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans Top Team Batsmen
Sarfaraz Ahmed is in fine form for Quetta Gladiators, but Faf du Plessis is above him in the batting order and favorite to be their top team batsman. For Multan Sultans, Mohammad Rizwan is favorite to be their top team batsman and maintain his excellent form.
Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans Top Team Bowlers
The Quetta Gladiators top bowler would be Zahid Mahmood, who is in wicket-taking form, while Muhammad Hasnain is in great form and consistently clicking 150Kph+ in this season. While for Multan Sultans, Shahnawaz Dhani consistent wicket-taking form means he is now among the favorites to be their top team bowler.
Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans Match Prediction
Multan Sultans have match-winners with bat and ball, which, unlike Quetta, have actually made their stamp and earned one win so far, at least.
QG vs MS Dream11 Prediction
Sarfaraz Ahmed, Muhammad Rizwan
James Vince, Faf du Plessis, Sohaib Maqsood
Carlos Brathwaite, Shahid Afridi, Muhammad Nawaz
Mohammad Hasnain, Shahnawaz Dhani, Zahid Mahmood
Captain – Vice Captain
Sarfaraz Ahmed (C), James Vince (VC)