Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi, PSL 2021
Defending champion Karachi Kings will again be looking to bounce back from defeat, this time when they take on in-form leaders Peshawar Zalmi in the 2021 Pakistan Super League. The match, at Karachi National Stadium, starts at 14:00 local time on 3 March.
Karachi won twice but then lost their next match twice so far in this title defense. That’s despite the batting form of Sharjeel Khan and Babar Azam. Sharjeel hit 64 in Karachi’s 186/9 against Lahore Qalandar’s final timeout, but they lost by six wickets with four balls left.
Peshawar Zalmi, on the other hand, has won 3 in a row. Saqib Mahmood is in excellent bowling form, but he was overshadowed by captain Wahab Riaz’s MOM performance in the last match, who took 4-17 to help bowl Islamabad United out for 118. Zalmi needed just 17.1 overs to complete a six-wicket victory in reply.
KK vs PZ Live streaming
TV channels: Dsport, Geo Super, PTV Sports, Cricketgateway, Hum TV, Willow TV, TA, Eleven Sports, Flow Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on Cricketgateway.
Live Scores: KK vs PZ Match 13, PSL 2021
The fast wicket may help the pacemen, but it is also a great pitch for batting.
Every team to have won the toss so far has fielded first and won the match. Karachi is due to win this toss, which has become such a key indicator for how the match will play out.
There will be no change to the Karachi weather, which will once again be hot and sunny.
Karachi Kings Team News & Playing 11
KK Team News
Mohammad Ilyas was selected last time out as the Kings looked to fix their bowling miseries but he was expensive too. The big question mark hanging over the Kings continues to be their bowling attack.
KK Key Players
- Babar Azam: A rare failure in the last match after scores of 62 and 90* in the previous two, which underlined his supreme T20 talent.
- Mohammad Nabi: Hammered a 35-ball 57 in the middle order and then proved to be the most economical bowler too.
- Sharjeel Khan: Continued his own fine form with the bat, hitting 64 from 39 balls, to follow up scores of 105 and 27 in the two previous matches.
KK Team Form
Karachi has won twice and lost twice so far. A comfortable victory against Quetta Gladiators was followed by a failure to defend their Sharjeel Khan-inspired 196/3 against Islamabad United in their first two games. Then, after Babar Azam hit 90* in a successful chase of 196 to beat Multan Sultans by 7 wickets, they then could not defend 186/9 as they lost by 6 wickets to Lahore Qalandars in the last match.
Karachi Kings Predicted Playing 11
Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Joe Clarke (wk), Colin Ingram, Imad Wasim (c), Mohammad Nabi, Dan Christian, Mohammad Amir, Waqas Maqsood, Arshad Iqbal, Mohammad Ilyas.
Peshawar Zalmi Team News & Playing 11
PZ Team News
Peshawar Zalmi made just one change last time and, after his performance, Umaid Asif could stay in the team ahead of Mohammad Irfan. They are likely to stick once more with their winning team in the next match.
PZ Key Players
- Shoaib Malik: Tidy with the bat, nothing more, but his contributions of 26, 11*, 34, and 29 have each played their part.
- Saqib Mahmood: His 3-12 from 13 balls last time may have been overshadowed by Wahab Riaz’s performance but he still has 10 wickets in 4 games now.
- Haider Ali: Finding great form with the bat, striking 24* against Multan Sultans, hitting a half-century against Quetta Gladiators, and then scoring 36 from 18 balls in the last match.
PZ Team Form
Peshawar Zalmi has won their last three matches. Tom Kohler-Cadmore led them to 197/4 in a six-wicket win against Multan Sultans, while it was Haider Ali who hit a half-century as they reached 202/7 to beat Quetta Gladiators next up. Last time, however, it was the bowlers who finished. Wahab Riaz took 4-17 and in-form Saqib Mahmood 3-12 as they carted Islamabad United for 118 before Kohler-Cadmore again top-scored in a successful chase.
Peshawar Zalmi Predicted Playing 11
Imam-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Sherfane Rutherford, Wahab Riaz (c), Saqib Mahmood, Mohammad Imran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Umaid Asif.
Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi Team Form in Last Five Matches
- KK: L W L W W
- PZ: W W W L L
KK vs PZ Head to Head
Peshawar Zalmi has a far better head-to-head record, but Karachi Kings did win both encounters last season. Babar Azam (78) and Imad Wasim (50) scored half-centuries as the Kings hit 201 in a 10 runs win, and Azam hit another 70 after Mohammad Amir’s 4-27 as the Kings chased 152 to win the 2nd encounter by 6 wickets.
KK vs PZ Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||KK Won||PZ Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi Match?
Karachi Kings are favorites to win this game, which goes against Peshawar Zalmi’s current form.
- Karachi Kings will look to get back to winning ways again when they take on in-form Peshawar Zalmi in the Pakistan Super League.
- Despite openers Sharjeel Khan and Babar Azam being in fine batting form, the Kings have won 2 and lost 2 so far.
- Zalmi has won their last 3 in a row, however, Wahab Riaz (4-17) the pick of the bowlers as they carted Islamabad United for 118 on their way to a big six-wicket win last time out.
Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi Top Team Batsmen
Babar Azam is favorite to be Karachi Kings, top team batsman, though Sharjeel Khan has claimed that honor twice. For Peshawar Zalmi, Tom Kohler-Cadmore and Haider Ali are the in-form batsmen to watch, but Imam-ul-Haq is among the favorites to be their top team batsman.
Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi Top Team Bowlers
Mohammad Amir is the favorite to be Karachi Kings top team bowler and he has done the business in this fixture before. Wahab Riaz is favorite to be Peshawar Zalmi’s top team bowler but Saqib Mahmood’s consistency may put him ahead instead.
Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi Match Prediction
Karachi Kings are favorites to win this match but Peshawar Zalmi has won their last 3 in a row and could upset the Kings.
KK vs PZ Dream11 Prediction
Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Haider Ali
Mohammad Nabi, Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Amir, Arshad Iqbal, Saqib Mahmood, Wahab Riaz
Captain – Vice Captain
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Nabi (VC)