Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United, PSL 2021
Two in-form teams, Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi, will go head-to-head looking for a third straight win at the start of the 2021 Pakistan Super League. Islamabad has won two from two so far, and Peshawar Zalmi two from three, and they now face-off at Karachi’s National Stadium on February 27. The live action starts at 19:00 local time.
Islamabad started by chasing 151 to beat Multan Sultans, with Lewis Gregory central to that win with bat and ball. Last time out, they needed 197 to beat defending champions Karachi Kings, but a good overall batting performance – and some slack fielding – helped them get home with five balls to spare in a five-wicket victory.
Peshawar Zalmi opened with a disappointing defeat to Lahore Qalandars, but they also got back to winning ways with some big chases. They hit 197/4 in 19 overs to beat Multan Sultans and then 202/7 with three balls remaining to beat Quetta last time out.
PZ vs IU Live streaming
TV channels: Dsport, Geo Super, PTV Sports, Cricketgateway, Hum TV, Willow TV, TA, Eleven Sports, Flow Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on Cricketgateway.
Live Scores: PZ vs IU Match 10, PSL 2021
Karachi has served up flat, fast wickets so far, and several batsmen have cashed in.
Both teams have won two tosses from the last two so far, fielded first, and won. This is a key toss, and Islamabad United is yet to lose one this season.
Karachi weather is excellent throughout, and that will continue into this game.
Peshawar Zalmi Team News & Playing 11
PZ Team News
Peshawar Zalmi were unchanged last time out and, after another win, could stick with the same winning XI for this game too.
PZ Key Players
- Shoaib Malik: Building nicely with the bat on the back of scores of 26, 11*, and 34 so far. He hit three sixes last time out and shared a 51-run partnership in five overs with Haider Ali.
- Saqib Mahmood: Took 3-34 last time out to finish as Peshawar Zalmi’s top team bowler once again. He now has seven wickets in three games.
- Haider Ali: Man of the match last time out for his half-century, which followed his vital late blast on the way to 24* in the win against Multan Sultans.
PZ Team Form
Peshawar Zalmi has excelled chasing in each of their last two matches. Against Lahore Qalandars, Tom Kohler-Cadmore scored a half-century as they reached 197/4 in a six-wicket win. They went even better last time out, too – Haider Ali the half-centurion on that occasion, as they hit 202/7 in 19.3 overs to beat Quetta by three wickets.
Peshawar Zalmi Predicted Playing 11
Imam-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Sherfane Rutherford, Wahab Riaz (c), Saqib Mahmood, Mohammad Imran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Mohammad Irfan.
Islamabad United Team News & Playing 11
IU Team News
Islamabad United stuck with a winning side last time out and was rewarded with another PSL 2020. There is unlikely to be any rush for change in Islamabad at the moment.
IU Key Players
- Alex Hales: This season’s BBL top run-scorer scored 29 from 20 balls in the first game and then 46 from 21 last time out.
- Lewis Gregory: His all-round performance was key to the opening victory and, though he was less prominent last time out, it proved he is a key all-rounder.
- Hasan Ali: Wickets in each of Islamabad United’s two matches so far show what he is capable of at the top of the order. He finished 1-36 last time out.
IU Team Form
After just two games and two wins, Islamabad United is only behind their win tally from last season. They started with a three-wicket win against Multan Sultans, in which Lewis Gregory was their star all-rounder, before a five-wicket victory against Karachi Kings last time out. Alex Hales, Iftikhar Ahmed, and Hussain Talat all scored in the 40s, as Islamabad hit 197/5 with five balls to spare.
Islamabad United Predicted Playing 11
Alex Hales, Phil Salt (wk), Shadab Khan (c), Hussain Talat, Asif Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Lewis Gregory, Faheem Ashraf, Zafar Gohar, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Wasim.
Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United Team Form in Last Five Matches
- PZ: W W L L L
- IU: W W L L L
PZ vs IU Head to Head
Peshawar Zalmi has won their last three matches against Islamabad United, including hitting 214/5 on their way to the final in 2019. Their first meeting last season was rained off, but the rain helped Zalmi when they met in the second fixture. Shadab Khan scored 77 as Islamabad hit 195/5, but a score of 85/2 from nine overs was sufficient in reply for Zalmi to win on the DLS method.
PZ vs IU Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||PZ Won||IU Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United Match?
Both teams come into this on the back of two wins, but Islamabad is unbeaten so far and looks a good prospect for a third straight win.
- Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi are looking for a third consecutive win when they meet in the Pakistan Super League.
- Islamabad United has won two from two so far, most recently chasing 197 to beat defending champions Karachi Kings by five wickets.
- Peshawar Zalmi has also enjoyed two big chases to bounce back from an opening defeat – scoring 197/4 against Multan Sultans and 202/7 against Quetta Gladiators.
Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United Top Team Batsmen
Alex Hales and Haider Ali both played vital innings in their teams in the last match, while Sherfane Rutherford and Imam-ul-Haq have also proved they are a key player for Peshawar Zalmi. Iftikhar Ahmed could be a good alternative after his important knock for Islamabad in the last T20.
Shoaib Malik’s batting has been gradually improving at the start of this tournament. He is less likely to bowl, but he is also hard to ignore. Though both were quieter last time out, Lewis Gregory and Mohammad Wasim have already proved their value with good performances for Islamabad United.
Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United Top Team Bowlers
Hasan Ali and the top-performing bowlers so far, Mohammad Imran and Saqib Mahmood, are the worthy selections.
Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United Match Prediction
Both teams come into this on the back of two wins, but Islamabad is unbeaten so far and looks good for a straight third win.
PZ vs IU Dream11 Prediction
Alex Hales, Haider Ali, Sherfane Rutherford, Iftikhar Ahmed
Lewis Gregory, Mohammad Wasim, Shoaib Malik
Hasan Ali, Mohammad Imran, Saqib Mahmood
Captain – Vice Captain
Saqib Mahmood (C), Alex Hales (VC)