India vs England, 4th Test Match
India looks dominating with two back-to-back wins. They must avoid defeat in the final Test to proceed to the World Cup final, but England will come at them hard. Ind vs Eng 4th Test kicks off at 9:30 am local time at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
More than the players, it’s the pitch that has made all the headlines in the last two Tests. Many experts have criticized the BCCI for making that pitch for the 2nd and 3rd tests, and if the report is to be believed, the surface in the 4th Test should be no different from the previous one.
England looks gross against the Indian spinners at the moment. Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin alone have been good enough for England’s batsmen. Bumrah will not be part of the Indian team, and we think Kuldeep Yadav could make a cut in the team to make things worse for England.
England could also bring in Dom Bess for the match. The pitch will play a big part again, and the way England batted in the last match already looks like a lost encounter. Joe Root needs to produce some magic if England is to challenge India. Mind you, if England has somehow managed to put runs on the board, Indians will have scrapped their task because they have been poor against the spinners.
IND vs ENG Live Streaming
TV channels: Star Sports Network
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Disney Hotstar.
IND vs ENG Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch Ind vs Eng 4th Test Live Score here.
The pitch once again is expected to be a dust bowl. It is expected to turn from ball 1, which will make life very difficult for the batsmen.
Toss is always very important in India. You don’t want to chase on a turning pitch. The team that wins the toss will bat first for sure.
The weather looks good for all the 5 days of the match. Temperatures will hover around 30 degrees.
India Team News & Playing 11
IND Team News
India has announced that Jasprit Bumrah won’t be part of India’s playing XI for the 4th Test. Kuldeep Yadav is the front runner to replace him. Mohammed Siraj can also make a cut into the team.
IND Key Players
- Rohit Sharma – Rohit Sharma has been in top form in these challenging conditions. He stroked a magnificent 100 in the second test while played a fluent 66 on an unplayable wicket. He’ll be keen to bat well in the next game as well.
- Virat Kohli – The wicket won’t be easy to bat, but Kohli is a class batsmen. He’s got good starts in the series but hasn’t scored big. He would like to silence his critics and get a big hundred.
- Axar Patel – England has no clue about Axar Patel. He picked up 11 wickets in the last match. Playing against a left-arm spinner on a turning wicket is not easy, and England is expected to struggle against him in the next game as well.
IND Team Form
After picking up two massive wins in the previous two tests in Chennai and Ahmedabad, India is in red hot form.
India Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma, Shubhman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (WK), Washington Sunder/Hardik Pandya, Ravi Ashwin, Axar Patel Kuldeep Yadav/Mohammed Siraj, Ishant Sharma.
England Team News & Playing 11
ENG Team News
England for sure will bring in Dom Bess for the match at the expense of one of the pacers.
ENG Key Players
- Joe Root – Root has struggled in the last two Tests, but he’s a very accomplished batsman. He scored two hundred in Sri Lanka on similar wickets and will be eager to perform well in the next game. He will be handy with the ball as well.
- Ben Stokes – Stokes is another player we will back to come good. His ability to take the attack to the opposition will come in handy on a wicket that’s very difficult to bat. He’s excellent against the spinners and can score quickly against them.
- Jack Leach – Spinners will play a big part on this surface, and Leach will be the biggest threat for India.
ENG Team Form
They took an early lead in the series but have been bamboozled by the Indian spinners in the last two Tests.
England Predicted Playing 11
Zak Crawley Dominic Sibley, Joe Root (C) Ben Foakes (WK), Ollie Pope, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Dom Bess, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad/Chris Woakes.
India vs England Team Form in Last Five Matches
IND: W W L W D
ENG: L L W W W
IND vs ENG Head to Head
England has a better record against India, but in India, they have struggled.
IND vs ENG Head to Head Stats in Test
|Matches Played||IND Won||ENG Won||Tie||Draw|
Who will win Today India vs England?
After two back-to-back wins, India is looking too strong for this England team.
- India is coming back from two back-to-back wins and will start as favorites because England is looking clueless against the Indian spinners.
- India has an abundance of spinning options that won’t make life easy for the English batsmen.
- The form of Rohit Sharma will be a massive boost for India. He has looked good in the previous two games and stroked a hundred and a half-century.
India vs England Top Team Batsmen
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Shubman Gill are the three batsmen expected to do well for India. Sharma looked like the best batsmen from both sides, while Gill will open the innings for India, the new ball will be the best chance to score runs. Kohli has looked good, too but doesn’t have a big one. He’s not out of shape, so that we can expect a big one from him.
For England, Joe Root will be their leading batsman. He’s good against spinners and has scored a lot of runs lately. Ben Stokes and Zak Crawley will be the other two batsmen. Crawley stroked a flowing 50 in the final game, while Stokes is excellent against the spinners.
India vs England Top Team Bowlers
Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Ishant Sharma are the three Indian bowlers we will support. Spinners are a real threat on this wicket, while Ishant bowled well in the last game and is a quality bowler.
For England, Jack Leach, Dom Bess, and Jofra Archer will be their best bowlers. Leach and Bess will enjoy bowling on this surface, while Archer could be dangerous with the new ball.
India vs England Match Prediction
Pitch will play a big role in the match, and England has struggled against the Indian spinners. We don’t think England has much chance in the match.
IND vs ENG Dream11 Team Prediction
Shubman Gill, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Zak Crawley
Joe Root, Ravi Ashwin, Axar Patel
Ishant Sharma, Dom Bess, Jack Leach
Captain – Vice Captain
Ravichandran Ashwin (C), Joe Root (VC)