India vs England, 3rd Test Match
India and England will play in the first day-night test of the year, with their 4 match test series currently locked at one win apiece ahead of the 3rd Test match. The match takes place at the Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad, from February 24 to February 28. With England needing a win to keep their hopes of reaching the ICC World Test Championship Final alive, the live-action starts at 14:00 IST.
India bounced back from their 1st Test defeat, as their spinners proved far too good for England on a dusty Chennai pitch. Rohit Sharma’s first-innings 161 set the one before Ravichandran Ashwin’s five-wicket haul. Aswin then hit a century and shared eight wickets with debutant Axar Patel to wrap up a commanding 317 runs win.
As he hit 218 runs in the 1st Test, England captain Joe Root had previously claimed a dominant 227 runs win in stunning batting form. At that point, Root had scored 228, 186, and 218 in his last three tests. He goes into this test with a test-match batting average of 49.97.
IND vs ENG Live Streaming
TV channels: Star Sports Network
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Disney Hotstar.
IND vs ENG Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch the match’s live score on Live Cricket Score – Cricket Highlights.
According to Rohit Sharma, Ahmedabad is set to turn again, while the evening dew will play into the seamers.
With Rohit Sharma expecting the pitch to turn once again, India could be keen to bat first once more.
The Ahmedabad weather is set fair for the week – hot, sunny, and with zero rain.
India Team News & Playing 11
IND Team News
Umesh Yadav has replaced Shardul Thakur in the India squad for the third test, while Jasprit Bumrah is likely to come back into the team with more seam expected from the day-night conditions.
IND Key Players
- Rohit Sharma: Attacked from the first flag in the second test, with his 161 from 231 balls proving vital in firing India to a dominant win.
- Ravichandran Ashwin: If the pitch turns again, he will be relishing the chance to add to the eight wickets and second-innings century he claimed last time out.
- Axar Patel: Seven wickets on his debut, including a five-wicket haul in the second innings, means he too will be hoping for a turning wicket in Ahmedabad.
IND Team Form
India came from behind to beat Australia in their most recent series, recovering from a crushing opening defeat to claim the series 2-1. They will now be looking to do the same to England after their spinners took full advantage of a turning wicket to claim a 317-run win last time out.
India Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Ajinkya Rahane, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj.
England Team News & Playing 11
ENG Team News
Zak Crawley is fit to play again and could slot straight into the England batting line-up, while Jonny Bairstow and Mark Wood have been added to the squad. Jofra Archer was ruled out of the last test through injury, while Moeen Ali has withdrawn from the squad for the final two matches.
ENG Key Players
- Joe Root: His 218 in the first innings of the first test followed 228 and 186 in the two previous games. He is in stunning batting form.
- Jack Leach: The spinner has taken 12 wickets across the first two tests to return to the England test team.
- Ben Stokes: Hammered 82 from 118 balls in the first test, and he has been central to some of England’s biggest success in the past couple of years.
ENG Team Form
England has, like India, lost their last four matches in T20 cricket, including last season’s play-off defeat. They scored too slowly last time out, despite Ravi Bopara’s half-century lifting them to 140/6. In reply, Wahab Riaz and Saqib Mahmood each took two wickets, but Lahore Qalandars only needed 18.3 overs, despite a sticky start, to claim a four-wicket win.
England Predicted Playing 11
Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, Dan Lawrence, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Ollie Pope, Ben Foakes (wk), Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Jack Leach.
India vs England Team Form in Last Five Matches
IND: W L W D W
ENG: L W W W D
IND vs ENG Head to Head
England has won 48 of their 124 tests against India, with India’s win last time out their 27th in this fixture. There have been 49 draws, meanwhile. England won 4-1 when the two teams last met in a Test series in England in 2018, but they had already done better than their last series in India – when the hosts won 4-1.
IND vs ENG Head to Head Stats in Test
|Matches Played||IND Won||ENG Won||Tie||Draw|
Who will win Today India vs England?
- With the series locked at 1-1, India and England now turn their attention to the day-night third test as the tour moves to Ahmedabad.
- England, who claimed an impressive win in the first test but were blown away by India’s spinners last time out, must win to maintain their hopes of reaching the ICC World Test Championship Final.
- On the other hand, India needs to win the series to face New Zealand in the final – Ravichandran Ashwin claiming the man of the match award for his eight wickets and second-innings century in a 317-run win.
India vs England Top Team Batsmen
India’s Virat Kohli and England’s Joe Root, the two captains, are big favorites for their respective teams’ top team batsman in the first innings.
Virat Kohli might be the favorite to be India’s top team batsman, but Rohit Sharma took the attack to the England bowlers last time and was only far too good for them. Joe Root might be good for England, but there is a good reason for that – he is in a great patch of form and far and away from their top team batsman at present.
India vs England Top Team Bowlers
Both sides’ spinners are favorites to be their respective teams’ top team bowlers in this match. Ravichandran Ashwin leads India after his eight wickets last time, while Jack Leach and Dom Bess can also be useful for England.
Ashwin took eight wickets last time and took India to victory, but with the conditions likely to suit seamers, too, it brings Jasprit Bumrah into the equation. The same is true of England and Stuart Broad and James Anderson, but Jack Leach and Dom Bess have already shown their wicket-taking form too. Leach has been consistent and could be a good pick.
India vs England Match Prediction
After the win in the 2nd Test Match India is the favorite to win the third test too.
IND vs ENG Dream11 Team Prediction
Joe Root, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Dom Sibley
Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Ben Stokes
Jasprit Bumrah, Jack Leach, Dom Bess
Captain – Vice Captain
Ravichandran Ashwin (C), Axar Patel (VC)