Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors, Play-off Match, CSA T20 Challenge 2021
Lions will take on Warriors in the playoff of the CSA T20 series. The match will be played at the Kingsmead, Durban, and is set to get underway at 2:30 pm local time.
The lions have been simply magnificent in the tournament. They had a rare off-day against the Dolphins but bounced back in style, thrashing Cape Cobras by 7 wickets in the last game. There’s just no match to the quality of Lions. Laced with match-winners from top to bottom, they’ll go in this match as massive favorites.
On the other hand, the Warriors didn’t start well and lost their first three matches but wins in the previous two games must have induced a lot of confidence. However, the batting is still very vulnerable. No one from their team has been consistent with the bat. Qeshile looked good in the first couple of matches, but he’s failed in the last 3. There has been an odd contribution from some of the batsmen, but the overall batting has been poor. As a bowling unit, they have done well, though. M Nabe, Marco Jensen and Anrich Nortje have bowled well. Overall, the Lions are too strong and looking at Warrior’s batting vows, and we’ll go with Lions as massive favorites.
LIO vs WAR Live Streaming
Star India, Fox Sports (Australia), and Willow TV will broadcast the series in different parts of the world.
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Hotstar app.
LIO vs WAR Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch the live score of the match on Cricket Highlights: LIO vs WAR Play-off Match, CSA T20 2021
The pitch is not easy to bat. It’s very slow thus doesn’t allow batsmen to play their shots.
Toss will be crucial as batting first looks like a great option. The wicket is slower; thus, chasing will be very difficult.
The weather may cause some hindrance as some showers are expected on match day.
Imperial Lions Team News & Playing 11
LIO Team News
Lions rested Rabada, Hendricks, Magala, and Pretorius in the last match. All of them are expected to be back in the playing 11.
LIO Key Players
- Reeza Hendricks – Reeza Hendricks was at his destructive best against Cape Cobras as he stroked a top-class 79. He’s a dangerous batsman and can decimate an opposition on his own.
- Temba Bavuma – Temba Bavuma is another player that has done well in this tournament. In the last game, he looked in fine touch and played a good hand of 29. We’ll back him to come good in the match.
- Sisanda Magala – We’ll go in with Magala ahead of the pace trio because the pitch is favorable for the spinners, and Magala has really bowled well.
LIO Team Form
Lions have been roaring in the tournament and have won 4 of their 5 matches.
Imperial Lions Predicted Playing 11
Ryan Rickelton(wk), Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie Van Der Dussen, Dwaine Pretorius, Wiaan Mulder, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, Lutho Sipamla, Sisanda Magala.
Dafabet Warriors Team News & Playing 11
WAR Team News
Warriors have won their last two games, so they might want to stick to the same winning combination. Unless there is an injury, we don’t think there will be any change in the team from their last game of CSA T20 Challenge 2021.
WAR Key Players
- JJ Smuts – JJ Smuts finally got some runs in the tournament. Though it was not a massive score, it will surely give him some confidence. He’s their ace batsman, and he’d want to deliver in this knock-out match.
- S Qeshile – He started the tournament with some good performances but has failed in the last 2 games. However, he’s a good player, and being the skipper, he’d want to lead his team to a victory.
- M Nabe – Nabe has been the main reason for Warrior’s win in the last two games. He’ll be vital with the ball.
WAR Team Form
After losing the first three games, the Warriors bounced back and picked up victories in the last two to book a place in the semi-final.
Dafabet Warriors Predicted Playing 11
Gihahn Coyte, Marco Jensen, Tristan Stubbs, JJ Smuts, Lesiba Ngoepe, S Qeshile(c & wk) Wihaan Lubbe, Ayabulela Gqamane, Anrich Nortje, M Nabe, Lizo Makosi
Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors Team Form in Last Five Matches
- LIO: W W W L W
- WAR: L L L W W
LIO vs WAR Head to Head
Warriors have been very dominant over Lions, but things have changed a lot. Lions have a solid team and won’t be easy to get over. Lions got the better of Warriors in their last two meetings.
LIO vs WAR Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||LIO Won||WAR Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Today Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors?
Warriors have got the better of Lions on most occasions, but Lions will be hard to beat with international stars back. Imperial Lions are far superior to their opposition.
- Kagiso Rabada, Bjorn Fortuin, Sisanda Magala, Aaron Phangiso, Lions have a strong bowling unit.
- Warriors batting looks pretty vulnerable as none of the batsmen look to be in the form.
- Lions have a much stronger batting lineup that and they have defeated Warriors in their last two matches.
Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors Top Team Batsmen
Reeza Hendricks scores a solid 75 runs in the last match, while Bavuma has been very consistent. Rassie van der Dussen can be dangerous on his day.
For Warriors, JJ Smuts, L Ngoepe, and S Qeshile are expected to do well. Their batting has most likely to score runs for them.
Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors Top Team Bowlers
Kagiso Rabada is a world-class bowler and is the best bowler for Lions, along with Beuran Hendricks, who’s bowled well. Magala will be a real threat on this wicket.
Warriors will depend a lot on Anrich Nortje, Marco Jensen and M Nabe. Nabe has been outstanding in the last two matches and will enjoy bowling on this surface of Durban, while Nortje and Jensen have been very good.
Imperial Lions vs Dafabet Warriors Match Prediction
With plenty of international stars in their tank, the Lions look like a real force In front of an inexperienced Warriors team. They have been outstanding in the tournament and defeated the Warriors in their last meet. Imperial Lions are our favorites.
LIO vs WAR Dream11 Team Prediction
Temba Bavuma, Reeza Hendricks, L Ngoepe
JJ Smuts, Dwaine Pretorius, Wiaan Mulder
Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, M Nabe, S Magala
Captain – Vice Captain
Reeza Hendricks (C), JJ Smuts (VC)