New Zealand vs Australia, 4th T20 Match
Australia bounced back into the series with a stunning win in the final game. But can they support their performance with another decent effort? Read as we preview the fourth T20I between New Zealand and Australia. The match will be played at Westpac Stadium and will start at 7 pm local time.
Australia will be pleased with their performance in the final game in which they outperformed the hosts in each section. Finch and Maxwell, their two best batsmen, got points. The bowlers were also on the money and didn’t let New Zealand do a sniff.
New Zealand won’t worry too much about one loss. They have been outstanding in the series, with all their players in top form. Conway, Williamson, and Neesham came off some fine performances in the Super Smash, but the form of Martin Guptill was a concern. However, with two good strokes, he is back in form. The bowlers have been expensive in the last two games, and they are keen to get better with their line and lengths. Overall it’s all set up for a thriller match, but we think New Zealand is a better team and will come back hard in Australia, which has had issues with their consistency of late.
NZ vs AUS Live Streaming
TV channels: BT sports, sky channel 413 in the UK, Spark Sport in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Fan code app.
NZ vs AUS Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch the live score of the match here: NZ vs Aus 4th T20I Live Score
The surface will be pretty flat but will get slower in the second innings, bringing spinners into play.
It’s a brilliant wicket to bat, and the skipper that wins the toss might opt to bat.
The weather looks good with bright sunshine.
New Zealand Team News & Playing 11
NZ Team News
New Zealand is not a team that likes too much chopping and changes. We expect them to play the same XI. However, if they want to make any change, they can bring Hamish Bennett, who had a fabulous Super Smash. Santner has been ruled out of the series due to illness.
NZ Key Players
- Martin Guptill – Guptilll now has two good innings. He backed up his 97 with a quickfire 43. When in form, he can be brutal. We expect him to continue his good run in the next match as well.
- Devon Conway – Conway is in prime form. He was the second-highest scorer in the Super Smash and stroked a brilliant 99 in the first T20. In the last match, he looked good with a solid 38. He can be backed to perform well in the next match.
- Ish Sodhi – Spinner might get some turn on this wicket; thus, Ish Sodhi becomes a valuable asset for New Zealand. He picked up 2 wickets in the last match and bowled well.
NZ Team Form
After winning the first two T20Is, New Zealand was outplayed by Australia in the 3rd T20.
New Zealand Predicted Playing 11
Martin Guptill, Tim Seifert (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mark Chapman, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult.
Australia Team News & Playing 11
AUS Team News
Australia played well in the last match, and there is no reason for them to change the winning combination.
AUS Key Players
- Josh Philippe – Josh Philippe has been very consistent. He’s played some god knocks but hasn’t got a big one. But watching him bat, we feel that a big inning is just around the corner.
- Marcus Stoinis – Marcus Stoinis played a solid hand of 78 of 37 in the second T20I. He didn’t get his opportunity in the previous match but is a key batsman in this Australian batting. He, too, is expected to play well.
- Glenn Maxwell – Maxwell returned to form with a brutal 70 off 31.
AUS Team Form
Australia has been very inconsistent, but they looked in top form in the 3rd T20I. It will be interesting to see if they can replicate their performance.
Australia Predicted Playing 11
Matthew Wade (wk), Aaron Finch (c), Josh Philippe, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Riley Meredith.
New Zealand vs Australia Team Form in Last Five Matches
NZ: L W W L W
AUS: W L L W L
NZ vs AUS Head to Head
Australia has a good record against New Zealand, but New Zealand has played better cricket in this series particularly.
NZ vs AUS Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||NZ Won||AUS Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Today New Zealand vs Australia?
New Zealand has played some outstanding cricket in this series and will start as favorites. Despite Australia’s performance in the previous match, New Zealand will start as favorites; they are expected to come back stronger.
- New Zealand batting didn’t perform in the last match, but one bad performance doesn’t mean that players are out of form. All of them are in decent touch.
- Australia will be relieved to see runs from Glenn Maxwell and Aaron Finch. Both played well in the last game.
- Australia has been very inconsistent of late. New Zealand will come back hard at Australia, and it will be difficult for the visitors to replicate their performance.
New Zealand vs Australia Top Team Batsmen
Guptill, Williamson, and Neesham will be the three main batsmen that can be the top batsman from New Zealand. Guptill has two good innings, while Williamson is one of the best batsmen going around. Neesham can be very dangerous in the final overs. He has played few good innings in the series.
For Australia, Josh Philippe, Marcus Stoinis, and Glenn Maxwell will be the top batsmen. Stoinis played an outstanding inning of 78 runs in the second T20I while Maxwell decimated the Kiwi bowlers with a scintillating 70. Philippe has been the most consistent among the Aussies.
New Zealand vs Australia Top Team Bowlers
Boult, Southee, and Ish Sodhi are the three top bowlers from New Zealand. Boult is their lead pacer, while Southee is a very experienced bowler in this game format. The wicket might support the spinners, which brings Sodhi into play as well.
We’ll back Ashton Agar, Adam Zampa, and Riley Meredith from Australia. Spinners got something out of the wicket in the previous match; thus, Agar and Zampa will be very handy while Meredith made a fantastic debut and picked up 2 wickets in the last match.
New Zealand vs Australia Match Prediction
New Zealand was outplayed in the last match, but that shouldn’t concern them much. They have an outstanding team, and all of their players are in fine form. Australia, on the other hand, has been very inconsistent of late. We’d stick with New Zealand as the favorites.
NZ vs AUS Dream11 Team Prediction
Devon Conway, Marcus Stoinis, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson
Jimmy Neesham, Daniel Sams, Mitchell Santner
Adam Zampa, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
Captain – Vice Captain
Kane Williamson (C), Ish Sodhi (VC)