New Zealand vs Australia, 3rd T20 Match
New Zealand has won their previous two games, so a win in the next match will seal the series for them. Australia was good in the last match but not good enough to beat the hosts. They face a must-win situation, and we can expect them to do everything they can with the hosts. The 3rd T20 promises to be a transfer meeting. It will be played at Westpac Stadium and starts at 7 pm local time.
We’re trying to find a loophole in this New Zealand team, but they just look too strong. Australia is a decent side, but the hosts completely dominate them. New Zealand batting looks like a real strength. Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips batted well in the first game, while Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, and Jimmy Neesham propelled them to 219 in the second T20I. The bowling wasn’t quite on the table in the previous match, but they’re all quality bowlers who, certainly shot, will come back hard in Australia in the next match.
For Australia, runs from Maxwell and Finch are what they need to challenge the hosts. They’ve both been poor. Marcus Stoinis, Josh Philippe, and Mitchell Marsh have played some good blows, but they need to come together and put in a collective performance to get past this New Zealand team. Australia would expect a better effort from their bowlers, who have been quirky in the two matches. Against this Kiwi batting, it won’t be easy, though.
NZ vs AUS Live Streaming
TV channels: BT sports, sky channel 413 in the UK, Spark Sport in New Zealand
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on the Fan code app.
NZ vs AUS Live Score
Live Cricket Score: You can watch the live score of the match here: NZ vs Aus 3rd T20I Live Score
We can’t be sure of the pitch but T20Is generally offer good batting wickets
The conditions in Wellington are unknown which may prompt the skippers to bowl first. However, putting runs on the board always help. So it’s a 50 50 call.
The weather looks good. There is some prediction for rain but it shouldn’t affect the match.
New Zealand Team News & Playing 11
NZ Team News
New Zealand would like to close the series in the third T20I itself thus we expect them to field the same 11. If they win this, the next match could see them making some changes.
NZ Key Players
- Martin Guptill – Guptill marked his return to form with a magnificent 97. He’s a player that can decimate the opposition on his own. Now since he’s got the monkey off his shoulder, he can play freely which makes him very dangerous
- Kane Williamson – The Kiwi skipper has been in fine form for quite a while now. He was in fine form in the Super Smash and played well in the second T20I as well. He can be backed to come good in the next game.
- Mitchell Santner – Santner is a valuable all-rounder. He picked up four wickets in the last match. It’s not easy to hit a left-arm spinner and we expect him to cause plenty of trouble for the Aussie batsmen
NZ Team Form
New Zealand comes into this series on the back of victories against West Indies (2-0) and Pakistan (2-1) in their last two T20I series. Devon Conway starring with the bat and Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, and Trent Boult with the ball is in fine form.
New Zealand Predicted Playing 11
Martin Guptil, Tim Seifert (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult.
Australia Team News & Playing 11
AUS Team News
Australia head coach Andrew McDonald said that they will look to change their combination in the next game. We could see them add Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, or Riley Meredith at the expense of Ashton Agar
AUS Key Players
- Josh Philippe – He was in fine form in the Big Bash League and has batted well for his 45 in the previous match. He’s an aggressive batsman and is capable of playing big knocks.
- Marcus Stoinis – Marcus Stoinis played a solid hand of 78 of 37 in the last game and took Australia close to New Zealand’s target of 219. He has carried on his form from the BBL, where he was the highest run-scorer for Melbourne Stars. He too can be backed to come good.
- Glenn Maxwell – Maxwell will be under pressure to deliver which might bring the best out of him. He can be devastating on his day.
AUS Team Form
Australia has been outplayed by New Zealand in the T20 series. Also the form of their two big players, Maxwell and Finch will be a cause of concern for the team.
Australia Predicted Playing 11
Matthew Wade (wk), Aaron Finch (c), Josh Philippe, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar/Andrew Tye/Jason Behrendorff, Daniel Sams, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa.
New Zealand vs Australia Team Form in Last Five Matches
NZ: W W L W W
AUS: L L W L L
NZ vs AUS Head to Head
Australia has dominated New Zealand in T20Is but the Kiwis are turning it on in this series as they lead the series 2-0.
NZ vs AUS Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||NZ Won||AUS Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Today New Zealand vs Australia?
The way New Zealand has played in the series, they will fancy their chances in the next game as well.
- New Zealand has a stronger batting line up and most of their batsmen are in top form.
- Australia will be worried about the form of Glenn Maxwell and Aaron Finch, who have been in poor form. Australia depends a lot on them
- Kiwi bowling has been spot on while Australia’s bowling has been wayward. In terms of quality and experience, New Zealand looks far better.
New Zealand vs Australia Top Team Batsmen
Guptill, Williamson, and Neesham will be the three batsmen we’ll back from New Zealand. Guptill played a brutal knock of 97 in the last game while Williamson is one of the most consistent batsmen. Neesham has played impactful innings n both the matches
For Australia, Josh Philippe has been in fine form and played a good hand in the previous match. He is expected to be the top batsman along with Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell. Stoinis stroked a brutal 78 in the last match while Maxwell is a class player.
New Zealand vs Australia Top Team Bowlers
Boult, Santner, and Southee are the three top bowlers from New Zealand. Santner picked up 4 wickets in the last game while Boult and Southee are world-class bowlers and performed well in the first two games.
We’ll back Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, and Jhye Richardson from Australia. All of them had a decent season of the BBL but hasn’t been at their best in the T20I series but they’re the most likely to do the job for Australia
New Zealand vs Australia Match Prediction
New Zealand has a very strong side and almost every player has contributed to their wins. Australia on the other hand hasn’t been consistent. Their batting looks uncertain and the form of Finch and Maxwell is a big concern. New Zealand is the favorite for us to win this match.
NZ vs AUS Dream11 Team Prediction
Devon Conway, Marcus Stoinis, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson
Jimmy Neesham, Daniel Sams, Mitchell Santner
Adam Zampa, Jhye Richardson, Trent Boult
Captain – Vice Captain
Kane Williamson (C), Jimmy Neesham (VC)