Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test Match 2021
Afghanistan takes on Zimbabwe in the 1st match of the 2 match Test series. The match will be played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium and starts at 10:00 local time.
Both teams haven’t played a Test in over a year, and getting used to the format won’t be that easy. In these circumstances, Afghanistan will start as favorites, but the road to victory will not be easy. Afghanistan goes in with a pretty inexperienced side and has named no fewer than 8 untapped players. They have also ruled out Mujeeb your Rahman from the squad, while Rashid Khan’s participation is also doubtful.
They will rely a lot on Rahmat Shah, Afghanistan’s star in Ireland and Bangladesh in 2019. Other players such as Javed Ahmadi, Asghar Afghan, Hashmatullah Shahidi must also be fine. The bowling will depend on Rashid Khan, but in case he is unavailable, Afghanistan will rely on Yamin and Shiraz.
Zimbabwe is missing some of their key players, who further diminish their chances of upsetting Afghanistan in the series. Brendan Taylor and Craig Ervine, Zimbabwe’s two main pillars batting, are out due to illness, making batting very vulnerable. A lot will depend on Sean Williams and Sikander Raza in the batting department. In terms of bowling, Zimbabwe will rely on Donald Tiripano, Victor Nyauchi, Sikandar Raza, and Sean Williams.
Both teams are quite inexperienced, Afghanistan has a stronger batting line-up and is used to playing in these conditions. They are the favorites to win the match.
AFG vs ZIM Live streaming
TV channels: Afghanistan: RTA, India: FanCode (Live Streaming), UAE: eCricLife, Pakistan: Geo Super/PTV, UK/Europe: Free Sports, Rest of the World: Rabbithole YouTube Channel
Live Streaming: You can watch the live stream of the match on FanCode & Rabbithole YouTube Channel.
Live Scores: AFG vs ZIM 1st Test Match, 2nd March 2021
The pitch will be on the slower side. Spinners are going to dominate the game. The batsmen will also have an opportunity to score runs, but they’ll need to get used to the pace of the pitch.
The team winning the toss will like to bat first as the pitch will become difficult to bat on the 4th and 5th day of the test match.
The weather looks look with bright sunshine on all 5 days of the Test.
Afghanistan Team News & Playing 11
AFG Team News
Afghanistan has dropped Mujeeb ur Rahman, from the squad, while Rashid Khan’s participation is also in doubt after suffering a finger injury. They have named 8 uncapped players in the team.
AFG Key Players
- Rahmat Shah – Rahman Shah was the main contributor with the bat in Afghanistan’s win over Bangladesh and Ireland. He scored 102 in the 1st inning of the Test vs Bangladesh while had 98 and 76 against Ireland.
- Asghar Afghan – He is another batsman that is expected to do well. He’s played some fine knocks in the shorter formats of late and would look to replicate his success in Tests as well.
- Rashid Khan – Rashid Khan is one of the best spin bowlers going around in Test cricket. He’ll be a real threat on this wicket.
AFG Team Form
Afghanistan lost their last Test to West Indies but picked up wins over Bangladesh and Ireland before that series.
Afghanistan Predicted Playing 11
Asghar Afghan (c), Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Javed Ahmadi, Afsar Zazai (wk), Abdul Malik, Nasir Jamal, Rashid Khan, Yamin Ahmadzai, Sayed Shirzad.
Zimbabwe Team News & Playing 11
ZIM Team News
Zimbabwe will be without the services of Brendan Taylor and Craig Ervine, their two best batsmen. They have also recalled Tarisai Musakanda and Ryan Burl to the squad.
ZIM Key Players
- Sean Williams – Sean Williams has to play a big role if Zimbabwe has to challenge Afghanistan. He scored a hundred and a 50 in his last test against Sri Lanka.
- Sikandar Raza – He is another batsman that is expected to do well. Raza is their best player of spin and will be vital for them on these turning wickets.
- Donald Tiripano – He’s Zimbabwe’s best bowler and will have the responsibility of picking up early wickets
ZIM Team Form
Zimbabwe has lost their last 4 matches. Their most recent series was against Pakistan, which they lost comprehensively.
Zimbabwe Predicted Playing 11
Prince Masvaure, Tarisai Musakanda, Sean Williams (c), Ryan Burl, Sikandar Raza, Wesley Madhevere, Regis Chakabva/Richmond Mutumbami(wk), Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Donald Tiripano, Victor Nyauchi.
Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Team Form in Last Five Matches
- AFG: L W W L
- ZIM: L L L L
AFG vs ZIM Head to Head
Both teams have played only once in Tests, and Afghanistan thrashed them by 7 wickets.
AFG vs ZIM Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||AFG Won||ZIM Won||Tie||No Result|
Who will win Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Match?
Afghanistan is a far better team on paper and is expected to do well in the match.
- Afghanistan and Zimbabwe have played only one test against each other, and Afghanistan won that by 7 wickets.
- Afghanistan has a better batting lineup, and their batsmen are used to playing on these turning wickets.
- Zimbabwe is missing Brendan Taylor and Craig Ervine, which makes their batting vulnerable. A lot will depend on Sikandar Raza and Sean Williams but against Afghan spinners, and it won’t be easy.
Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Top Team Batsmen
Rahmat Shah, Asghar Afghan, and Javed Ahmadi are the three batsmen to come good. Rahmat Shah was Afghanistan’s main performer in their wins over Ireland and Bangladesh, while Asghar Afghan and Javed Ahmadi are expected to start well.
From Zimbabwe, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, and Prince Masvaure are their three best batsmen. Raza is their best spin, while Williams scored a hundred against Sri Lanka in his last match.
Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Top Team Bowlers
Rashid Khan, Zia ur Rahman and Yamin Ahmadzai are their three best bowlers. Rashid is a world-class spinner, while Zia will also get help from this wicket. Yamin is their lead pacer and gets the new ball to move.
From Zimbabwe, Sikandar Raza, Sean Williams is most likely to pick up wickets as spinners are a real threat on this wicket. Doland Tiripano can also be backed to get something out of the pitch with the new ball.
Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Match Prediction
Afghanistan is a better team on paper with quality batsmen and bowlers. They have more experience of playing in these conditions and are favorites to win.
AFG vs ZIM Dream11 Prediction
Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Asghar Afghan, T Musakanda
Sikander Raza, Sean Williams, Javed Ahmadi
Rashid Khan, Yamin Ahmadzai, Syed Shirzad
Captain – Vice Captain
Rahmat Shah (C), Rashid Khan (VC)